Monday, July 25, 2011

Rocky Mountain High

Hello again.  My absence can only be explained by this:
Have I ever told you about the mountains and sea?  They both captivate me.  It's rare that I get either so the gift of one is enough to make my summer.  As Pop and I covered over 3,000 miles in the car I was given the chance to see some the of the true landscape of this country.  Wyoming - yes, I'll take you, you and your mountains and rivers and trees and animals and endless roads.  Something about no one around to bother me.  Except of course, the man beside me driving the beast.  But so many sweet things happened, casting a line in mountain stream or seeing wild horses on the hilltop. I'm comforted, safe, and at peace.
But it's funny how I can be so in the moment in certain places and then fall right back out, almost into the future - things that are lurking.  All things that are incomplete waiting for me when the moment is over. I only hope I can learn to better carry that peace with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment