Tuesday, April 23, 2013

To the Moon and Back

A Blue Moon infused run on a cool moonless night is rewarding and can't be taken for granted. Neither can roaming an open market with Johnny Cash singing to you, or a fresh seafood dinner. And neither can Saturdays, they're my favorite. This one didn't even turn out the way I had planned but ended up with enough to fill my plate...and my stomach and heart. That has been happening more and more these days, and the most remarkable thing about it is that its happening here. I haven't had to go to some exotic land or venture outside of my immediate circle and step foot somewhere I've never been. In a way maybe my steps have been taken a little differently, in a different place. But its not something I've been obsessive or frantic about. I haven't needed to be drastic. That's unusual. Not my typical approach. This has been certain encounters though, certain people even moreso. I'm getting my kicks from company and conversation - dinner and drinks, drinks and dinner, a bike ride, walking the dog, a surprise party for someone I don't even know, parties for people I do, old friends, new friends - its simply been a hodgepodge of encouragement, peace, and energy. 

photo via mackin ink

No comments:

Post a Comment