Saturday, May 11, 2013

Lip Smacking

If you can step back for a moment, or several moments, and see two different versions of yourself, I think that is a gift. Whether its positive or negative; the ability to look at yourself from a different perspective should be enlightening. And it doesn't come often. At least not for me. It helps when someone points something out to you, maybe asks a question that brings you to look at yourself 5 or 10 years ago. Would our high school selves be friends? 

The realization of where I am to where I was...I don't know if I'm a different person, but I am different. More confident, less worrisome, more talkative, less judgemental, more decisive, less selfish. 

Those are things I notice; I think others notice even more. And those who didn't know me then are being presented with a slightly different version of me. I don't mind that journey one bit. I don't mind others seeing and knowing. Its sweet with just enough bitter that makes you smack your lips.  

No comments:

Post a Comment