Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sometimes

Raise my hands
Paint my spirit gold
And bow my head
Keep my heart slow


Sometimes I can't wait to spend a Friday night by myself.  
Sometimes I have to take deep breaths before I face people.  
Sometimes I fill the coffee pot half-way with decafe so I can drink more of it and not feel so guilty.  
Sometimes I eat just the chocolate chips of a cookie. 
Sometimes I watch a scene from a movie or read a paragraph from a book over and over again.
Sometimes I want to go away for a day or two and not tell anyone where I'm going.
Sometimes I make lists of things I've already done to check them off just so I feel accomplished.
Sometimes I want to hug a stranger. 
Sometimes I want to go on a shopping spree and buy purely vain things.
Sometimes I want to have a yard sale and sell half my stuff.
Sometimes act out what I should have done.
Sometimes I miss Korea so much it hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment