Monday, June 23, 2014

Hey, Get Off My Cloud

This is going to be a bit of me taking a ride on my high horse. Or tooting my own horn, so to speak. I'm going to brag about a few things so if you don't want to stick around I get it. But I'm 30 years old and I feel I have some right to do so.  Because I'm 30 years old and I don't have a husband, I don't have any kids, I don't have my own home, and I don't really have a career so to speak, and THAT is what a lot of people are probably most inclined to focus on and be concerned with.
What they may fail to overlook is what I do have and what I have done...Yes, I'm 30 years old, and in those 30 years I have earned my Master's degree, been to a dozen different countries, lived in one (by myself might I add), drank, ate, danced and celebrated with the locals, seen three oceans, swam in one, jumped off a cliff and out of a plane, pet a tiger and lion, been on a horse and an elephant, drove God's Country, seen the Grand Canyon and the Big Apple, rafted, boated, floated, canoed, paddleboarded, fired a gun, ran for hours, swam for hours, swam with dolphins, hiked mountains, climbed trees and fences and rocks and buildings. I've won, I've lost, I've loved, I've hated, I've seen life, I've seen death, riches and poverty. I've lived and I am living.

"Please hear me, dear girl:
the world has enough women
who know how to do 
their hair. It needs women 
who know how to do hard
and holy things."- Ann Voscamp

No comments:

Post a Comment