Thursday, December 31, 2015

Where Are the Cool Kids?

"You're young, you're single..." Then why am I not out at a party with all the other young, single people? Instead, I'm on the couch in my PJs with a bottle of wine and some Redbox movies...cause that's what the young and single and cool people do.
I maybe should have gone out tonight, but really just couldn't bring myself to do it. It wouldn't have been a night with just a few close friends, rather a bunch of strangers and awkward conversations trying to catch up people who may have been a part of my life at some time...and that doesn't necessarily spell out FUN to me. Plus, the weather create some major road problems and has had people bumper to bumper and scrambling to find alternate routes to their destinations, and that doesn't spell FUN to me either.
See, I have my excuses. I don't know how good they are or if I'm just putting forth a sorry effort to continue this recess of isolation. Because that really is what most of this break has consisted of - a lot of me and little of anyone else. I know, and we could speak of healthy or unhealthy all we want but as soon as I'm required to go back to work on Monday and be surrounded by people all the time, I'll want my own time again. So I've been mostly guiltless in my long gym visits, late night movies and reads, late sleep-ins, YouTube binges, morning lattes, store roaming, and really, whatever else I feel up to. Like venturing into Illinois for a unexpected breakfast and a 10am movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment