Thursday, November 25, 2010

The 4th

I may need pie days more often.  Of course, I'll have to extend my gym time, but it would probably be worth it don't you think?  Or maybe, it just wouldn't mean as much if it happened so often.

So far, the holidays haven't lost their charm as I've gotten older.  I wonder how long that will last...I can sense a state of obligation, the strain that falls upon some people at this time of year.

THOSE people, somewhere along the way, have let the evils of the world break the spell. The spell that makes you feel like a little kid, because you have nothing to feel but excitement.


I'm resting on two helpings of turkey and stuffing, a couple rolls, a side of sweet potatoes, about 4 glasses of wine, some liquered up coffee, and 3 slices of pie. I think I'm still trying to make up for the year I missed.  I don't know if you can get the holidays you miss back, but I sure plan on trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment