Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Reminider

Sometimes I feel as if I've lived two different lives. That sounds suspicious and duplicitous. But there are some instances when an experience feels so seperate from everything else that has ran its course through my life. Some of them are periods, such as college or high school, or a time of employment, that deffinitly have their own pulse.  But then there's Korea.
Korea seems almost completely seperate.  Not really distant, like a lifetime ago, but that the things from "over there" don't really coincide with anything "over here."  Its almost as though I was a different person,with different needs and wants and priorities and responsibilities and people. Everything was poles apart from what I had known.  
Often I want to pick up and do the same - leave everything and everyone behind -
to see what other life I could live for awhile. 
Then I get the courage to do something I never would have done without Korea.  Which is cheesy and emotional but true. So that life does seep into this one, in odd and valuable ways.  I'm remembering a time I felt so empty and so full at the same time. I remember it a lot. 


photo 1 - lylong from trekearth photo 2 - Irina Druchina photo 3 - pinterest, 

No comments:

Post a Comment