Tuesday, April 5, 2011

It's Not Just You



This photo broke my heart. So did last week.  Thursday to be exact. Suddenly I remembered what it was like to be in school and realize everyone is starting at you.  I have that feeling even now, but when you're about 6 years old and looking for an adult to stand up because you don't know what to do; because you're six.  But you know how you feel.  
It bothered me all night.  Bothers me still honestly.  Especially since I felt like I could have done such a better job protecting him.  E needed words and didn't have them. And even when I tried to provide them what he really needed was someone to tell him to breathe, it was going to be alright.
Because words don't just fail the young or the autistic....and I hate it when that happens.  
E is out sick and all of kindergarden is wondering where I am this week. Yeah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment