Sunday, June 12, 2011

I've Been Told This Already

A week down and I've only been hit once.  Well, maybe two or three times but only one occasion so we won't count each swing.
Someone else told me this past week that I would make a great teacher, and I cringed while thinking about how my list of people who believe the same just keeps getting longer and longer.
I may be meeting them halfway by going back to school this fall.  Applications are underway, and so is the anticipation and angst. If I'm going at their pushing, I'm going on my terms.  I avoided it back when for the same reason I'm avoiding it now; its more than just having my own classroom, its everything that comes along with it.  Being a student can be so...nerve-wrecking.  And just don't tell me what to do.  I know, I know.
But I'll add to my credentials and if a classroom or a teaching gig comes along with it, I'll deal the cards I'm given I suppose.  The end goal will be my Master's, whether in straight English or in ESL, both undertakings I have enjoyed.  I'm not willing to sacrifce that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment