Friday, July 1, 2011

Work-Out

Here I am, only a breath into July and I'm already thinking about October.  But only a breath, it seemed, and summer school was over as well. I can take so much more from a kid than I can from an adult...so the summer proved to be a nice break, even while still going to work and taking a hit. Literally. A hit. My new friend A can throw a right hook, sometimes a left, and gives no regard as to where it lands. If that fails he resorts to the bear hug, hoping to squeeze me right into submission. It doesn't work. I "man-up" and squeeze right back, moreso giving into his need for pressure sensory than anything else. It's a battle I'm willing to be in.
And who wouldn't fall in love with a kid who thinks your ears look like windmills?


The whole ordeal, for obvious reasons, would stress a lot of people out, but I've had a great deal of fun the past 4 weeks. A part of me was feeling that I was doing what I should be doing, because people were telling me so and sounded rather convincing.  I like things to be convincing, and there is something about summer, as harsh as I find it, that's more convinging than the rest of the year.  Maybe its all the friggin' sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment