Sunday, July 31, 2011

But You're Family

I have the need to feel part of something. I haven't had that in quite some time. Not at work, not at church, not a school, not as a part of a team, not even with family so much...
It's been nagging the past month, almost overwhelming.
The desire makes itself known when I see others doing something together-going forward after something with each other, something exciting they form a connection because of.
I took a week to travel, something I do every summer just about, and I was part of something.  This summer and last summer, how awesome is a sister-brother or father-daughter duo out exploring? But the gap just didn't fill up.  Surely because it was family, and surely because I knew what I had to go back to.  It was momentar, fleeting.  I enjoy all of it, but I want, need something sustaining.  The summer is winding down and that stirs up lots of emotions that can go as quick as they come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment