Sunday, November 27, 2011

thanks

'Tis the season, officially.  You know one of the things I like most about the season? 'Tis is a completely appropriate expression.  That and Peppermint Mocha coffee creamer. Sure, there are other great things too.  Namely, the ability to sleep in with no rush to get anywhere.  That's pretty great too.  It's not that I'm super busy, but my days seem to slip away from once work, the gym, and even coming home. 
But throw in some sleep, some booze, and some pie and I'm rejuvenated.  I wish I had something like this going on, but it turned out more like this.
Not too shabby at all. The only thing missing, really, was Steph. She's contributed to my pie days for the past few years, but now...now our lives are so very different. Not one over the other, just different.  And I'm okay with that; not all the time, no, but this was bound to happen.
But she typically reads the reciepe; I don't.  I must of looked at a piece of paper 4 times total and still got an amazing result. 3 amazing results actually.  With a couple glasses of wine and a huge mess to clean up I was the most relaxed I've been in quite awhile.  Maybe I should bake everyday. Cheers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment