Monday, November 26, 2012

The World Without


I've just about forgotten all about the kids this weekend. Its been nothing but the holiday on my mind, and then in a snap, seemingly, its over. Coming off a high.  I almost don't even want it to happen; even though my excitement is still that of an 8 year old...It's like  the anticipation is almost greater than the event because knowing that "this is it" leaves me a bit empty. We are in the midst of the holidays and I nearly turn into a different person at this time of year. This is MY time of year. I'm hopeful and inspired and thankful and invigorated and joyous. Then its gone. Le sigh....I keep thinking I should find a way to turn the bittersweet into sweetsweet, but then the sweet would possibly not be as sweet. 
And I just scored a pair of Tarheel basketball shorts on Ebay for $.99 so I guess it doesn't all have to be just about lights and fires and chocolate right now.

photos from themodernhepburn and awelltravelledwoman

No comments:

Post a Comment