Sunday, February 24, 2013

Mum's the Word

Everything has been slowed down. I've been buried in a heap of snow and a chest of fluid for the past 3 days. Actually, the later has been for a good week now. I'm thankful for the snow if only for the recovery time, but it feels like winter so it should look it also. But I don't do well with laying in bed for hours on end....after awhile I need movement and productivity so, against my better judgement, I have been to the gym a couple times this week. On the upside of that, I am running again; not up to my normal standards but the most in nearly 4 months. There's still rehibilitation and progress to be made but I'm encouraged.
There are only a few things which unnerve me more than losing time. But sometimes I can stop and reflect and actually make decisions. I'm to that point where I just want change that I find the littlest thing to make a difference; like cutting off my hair or rearranging and cleaning or...filling out an apartment application. Yes, I've done it and am on the verge of turning it in. The verge is having the conversation with my parents, which in all honesty, I'm tempted to bypass and just give them my moving date. Essentially, it comes down to progress; I have made a resolute decision to rattle my life every so often and I think this may be a good time to do some rattling.

Its not that I need to run; I've felt that and followed through with that before. This is moving. There are simply a lot of directions to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment