Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Good Arms Vs. Bad Arms

I took a snowball to the eye this afternoon. He was at it all day with random outburts, but that one I had to laugh at when I caught a glimpse of Megan's face coming from the opposite direction. Earlier he smacked me and yelled "unicorn!" I yelled "Dinosaur!" and then he took off. He's been telling me "The sky's the limit!" but he seems to be hitting the ceiling quite often...
I have a soft spot for this kid, because he doesn't like people touching his things, he doesn't like people being in his space, and he doesn't like things changing on him. He wants independence. It's like an eruption of ill-logics since that is what is seemingly occuring to him. BUT, he also wants me. That's the soft spot that just won't go away, even if I have to let out a long sigh and tell him to stop. He hits me then grabs my hand or hugs me, as if he suddenly remembers that he likes me and wants my help. Well, all be darn, kid. Let's collect ourselves and not lose our sangfroid.

I can't say I haven't just wanted to throw my arms up and let a few screams fly while I whack the shit out of something too. It must be somewhat relieving. I hit the gym instead, but I'm in need of another center of focus. Swimming is wonderful, but the foot isn't allowing running....Boxing, yoga, basketball, or, ah, writing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment