Monday, December 2, 2013

Beauty in the Breakdown

I'm having a moment of panic which means I need to write. There are only a few options I have once I enter this state and this one helps me think things though. I'm trying to graduate - hard enough in and of itself, but I'm also trying to insert preferable situations in the midst of it. A lot needs to happen this next year and, as with most things, they rely on time and money. I feel like getting my degree should be able to just happen; given the requirements and deadlines, I could just do it and get it out of the way. Then Africa and a different job would come more freely. But as it is right now, with this degree lingering, I am unsure if those two desires are even going to be able to happen, at least in the timeframe I want them to. 
The somewhat hopeful component to this whole fraction is that this degree is serviced to those on the world-wide-web. So if I aim (and I do) to be somewhere out in that wide world, this shouldn't really be a problem at all. In theory. The theory, however, has proven to be a little defective. So I am also going to turn to another option in the moment of panic: prayer. I'll admit, I haven't said many prayers at all lately. At times, it gets me banking on something, has my hopes up, and then I deeply struggle with accepting the outcome. But Africa involved lots of prayer, and that was a major beauty in the experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment