Saturday, January 4, 2014

Standing Next to You

"Many things have gone wrong with the world that God made and...God insists, and insists very loudly, on our putting them right again." - C.S. Lewis


In the big picture, some of my complaints, worries, and burdens are so small. Insignificant, really. Years will pass, with me either realizing these things will be lost and letting them go or continuing to ponder them and wish differently. It seems nearly every situation or outcome could be analyzed and given an "if only" ...that extra money in a paycheck, extra points on a paper(my 4.0 dropped to a 3.9, igniting this whole entry), missing utensils or appliances, that bill, the schedule at work...it would surely make a difference and my life would be easier, even if just a tad, if I could change some things. But what would it really do? I mean, would my 4.0 really do anything for my day to day? Or not having to pay for that internet installation? Or having a desk job versus one that required me to be on my feet most the day? Are those the things I think will make such a difference? 
I seen hardship, to the extreme that it qualifies as more than hardship; suffering. I've lived simply, without common comforts. And when I have them, what do I have to show for it? I've felt, for some time, other peoples' problems are often much more worthy of my attention. 

photo via amodernhepburn

No comments:

Post a Comment