Saturday, August 6, 2016

Never Gonna Change?

I'm home, and I already wish I was away again.  I can't help but admit to how hard it is for me to return; even when I'm worn-out from travel and am looking for some sort of routine to resume, coming home is arduous and disheartening. There's so much more to deal with which is ironic when you think about it because I just came from tackling flight lines and times, and budgets, and relationships, and accomodations, and all the other things that come along with travel. But the knowledge that its all temporary, that I have to seize the moment, always follows me as well.  I know its going to be over; that's why I don't really understand why I get sad and bothered. This place creates so much drama, and I can't help but feel anxious and burdened by the fact that I have to deal with it because, quite frankly, I don't know how to. I want to NOT deal with it and that seems to be a problem, too. Not only does not dealing with family lead to ignoring them and, thus, causing more tension but I'm simply not very good at ignoring these kinds of things. To be away always seems easiest and just hope that it would fix itself....
The next few weeks, possibly months, may be difficult to adjust to and find how I need to move along with or forward in the scheme of things. There will be emotions and tears and probably words that carry a lot of weight. And I can't just run away.

No comments:

Post a Comment