Thursday, January 19, 2017

Shape

Some days I feel like I nailed it. I came, I saw, I conquered. Each situation was able to be navigated through, and I think I went the right direction. 
Other days I feel like I let the ball drop. More than that actually; its like I get hit head on. First a sideswipe maybe, so I'm off course or out of line because its never just a one hit and done. I don't know if its an unravelling due to not being able to recover if thats just the nature of a "bad" day....
There's still so much of this gig I haven't quite gotten the hang of. And I don't know how much of that will change because there isn't consistency in my schedule. There have been moments I've just stood there not having any idea what to do. At Beasley, I always knew what to do; other people asked ME what to do. Here no one has seemed critical, but certainly they talk....I know its an assumption but I know it has to be true at the same time. 
One thing I'm having the most difficulty accepting but I'm going to have to for my own sanity: not everyone is going to like me. Especially not every kid. AND I can't let that fear keep me from setting boundaries or being firm. I'm having to have one of my first sit-down and talk it out with a student moments tomorrow, and I kinda just want to skip the whole thing *insert sigh*. 

No comments:

Post a Comment