Friday, January 6, 2017

Up to Date

Last year I wrote hardly any blogs. Well, I posted hardly any blogs (I think a number were left unfinished or lost...). In the previous years, I have written very few blogs. So my intent is to be more conscious, disciplined, and focused about getting these written and posted this year. And not I made sure to say something about the writting because I don't want to put a blog up just to put a blog up. I want it to say something or relay something, even if it is only for me.
Today it snowed. It started at night and ran into morning and gave me a day off school. Even though that realization didn't happen until I was ready to walk out the door, it was a gift I was ready to welcome. The day was a little hard on me. Even though I feel like I got a good deal of things done, I was struggling a bit physically. I'm not sure what's up but I've had a conviction lately about going and seeing a doctor just for preventative measures. My fear is I'll be the one who says, "I run 5+ miles a day, I eat kale and drink purified water" and then I'll be given the sentence of 6 months to live.  I hardly ever "check up" on things and I don't know what has gotten me suddenly concerned other than stories. I'm hearing stories. And I am getting older I guess. 
Of course I make a list at the beginning of every year, but I prefer not to call anything on there resolutions but simply goals. The pressure to be "on it" all the time or from now on - not biting nails, not eating sugar, not watching so much tv, cleaning up more, writing more, etc...is kinda immeasurable in my book. I need specifics, a mark to hit with numbers and checkmarks. This year needs discipline/accomplishment, but I also realize I can't be so rigid. Unflexable isn't suiting me, at least right now. 

*side note: This whole not working but still getting paid deal is fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment