Sunday, February 19, 2017

On the Way to Work

I used to be able to get to work in about 5-6 minutes. There was little time to really do much else but buckle up and listen to a song, maybe two before the day really hit me. Now, I have a good  15-20 minutes to get myself together (even after I'm together), which is plenty of time to say a prayer. No, I did not do this on a daily basis and I still don't, but I am more consistant about giving my day up before it starts. I need to ask for grace and peace and wisdom each day, before the need even arises because I know for certain the need will arise. Its not that there aren't good days, but each day has its own set of challenges that I don't, in all honesty, always handle well. So I'm learning to not rely on myself alone to handle them. Whether or not a prayer saves the day I don't really know, in the sense of I don't always know what I'm praying for. Sure, grace, wisdom, discernment, patience, wisdom....but I think they're manifested all different ways I don't even know the entire result for some time. But I do know that I have more peace. I start my day off with a much sounder mind, and that is an answer to prayer.










No comments:

Post a Comment