Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bring Your Paint Brushes

I think I'm ready to crawl inside, sleep with all my clothes on, and wait until winter is over.  Day after day of greyness.
Wouldn't it be grand if I could take my paint brush to the sky?  Like when people have those house painting parties, with a puddle of friends who have no desire to paint but do have a desire to chatter with their buddies...
I would have a group over for cupcakes and ice cream sundaes with a buffet of toppings because that's what you have when you're painting the sky, rather than pizza and beer when you're painting walls.  We'd sing along to Disney show tunes which would undoubtedly put us in a fantastic mood.  


Would we wear overalls?  Maybe, or we'd put on our graduation gowns so they would still get some sort of use out of them.


We'd finish the day in lawn chairs with our feet up and sipping cocktails.
I'd tell everyone about how I've always wanted to be a painter, but just never had any real talent for it.  "Nonsense!" you'd exclaim while gesturing towards my flamboyant and captivating sky. Then I'd blush and ask, "You really think?"  But it wouldn't matter because I'd look out my windows to the aureolin, and amber, and amaranth popping over the clouds like headlights and I'd instantly smile.

photos via flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment