Thursday, February 24, 2011

Lead Foot and Stop

Collectively, I'm not sure if I've spent this much time in a hospital.  No more hospital now, but just for now that we know of.  I feel like I haven't slept since last Thursday.
I remember being right out of high school when this happened - Dad's heart not cooperating - and feeling nearly wrecked.  It's not any different the second time around; just because he made it once doesn't ensure a second victory.  I know.  And the smell is always the same too.
I'm flabbergasted by the amount of concern and support I've gotten from school, offers to help out if needed, and I believe most of them actually mean it.  Too bad I'm in a daze when they're offering it.
Dad's recovering, and that's all that can be hoped for and expected at the moment.   We're recovering as well. I start, sometimes, to think about life without certain people, but make myself stop in a furry.
all photos via weheartit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment