Sunday, August 28, 2011

SuPpLy LiSt

"Where did the time go?"  You're asking me E?  Good thing E is doing splendidly, really, because I feel he's been so neglected the past couple of weeks that I don't know how I'm going to make that time up. 
He's been so compliant though, just going with the flow for the most part.  I look at where he was last year until now and can't help but feel...proud.  
It's my new friend that has me drifting off to sleep well before my bedtime.  A whole day of him is a workout.  No more taking it easy while I encourage independence. Even my bathroom breaks are few and far between as the child can't be left alone for even a few seconds.  Give me a good month with him - hopefully it'll be a good one in the end.  
You know what really scares me?  More than any of this current day-to-dayness...being a student.  I'm back at it.  And it's so long term for my usual scope of commitment. I did feel a smidge of excitement while in Target heading to the school supplies section with all the other kids.  Since graduating college, I've felt like I'm missing out on something at this time of year.  So I picked out my folders and highlighters and took out my loan (gasp!) and embarked on another adventure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment