Friday, October 10, 2014

All By Myself

In Korea I did everything by myself. Here, I still do a lot of things by myself. I go to festivals, go on walks/hikes, go to the gym, go to the bookstore, to  the museum or an exhibit. And, I go to the movies by myself. Sitting in the movie theater by myself is a plesant experience I imagine many don't engage in. There is actually an element of peace that such a solo act provides. I don't need someone else to share that moment with me. I'll like talking about it and letting others in on it, and I almost think that them not having seen it for themselves gives me a leg up; I can be the first to relay it and encourage the pursuit, but I have that first encounter. And NO distractions. It's the perfect place to go for one thing and one thing alone. I often look forward to these alone activities, knowing they'll bring some-self reflection and internal down time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment