Friday, October 3, 2014

You Optimist, You

I am not a superstitous person. But sometimes starting your day off with something upsetting or unfortunate, rather it be immense or even minute, can set a tone for the rest of the day. At about 6:30am I dropped a knife in my kitchen, and the knife just happened to dagger straight into my foot. I was wearing socks so the wound was much less than it could have been, but nontheless, it left a mark and having an injury right off the bat is seemed to be a bit telling. More followed. A swollen ankle, a bruise to the arm, scratches and nail indentations that drew blood, kicks to the shin, and a few good whacks to the side. This is my job. This is a pretty typical day at work. Some days I don't encounter any such behavior, but those are rare. And while there may have been a couple more extreme incidents today, I should have seen it coming.  
I knew right away that my little princess wasn't going to show either; my "soul sister" who tiptoes around the room and brushes her hair out of her face as she makes funny faces. Who assures me that "I'm okay", or "U'm okaaay" even when it appears that she isn't. 
And the weather changed. Drastically, throughout the day. That I'm okay with. U'm okaaay with the cooling of the air and changing of the leaves.               

No comments:

Post a Comment