Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Farmer's Dell

Despite the fact that it came from a six year old, my parents are surely over the moon. Or at least off the ground.  A marriage proposal is a marriage proposal.   
I was a tree climber, a bug catcher, a grass-stain wearer.  I had dirt under my fingernails and knots in my hair that were so tight I cried when a brush was taken to my head.  I chased boys because they were rounding second base or I was the cop and they were the robber - not because I thought they were cute or wanted a boyfriend.  Sure, boys eventually became cute but how was I supposed to tell them that in my sweaty sports jersey? 




In general, I don't chase after anything.  Its usually because I don't really feel as though I present myself as a viable pursuer.  In other words, I'm not well equipped.   And to be even more specific, I tend to not chase relationships, of any kind because it simply seems....undoable.  I've let a lot of people come and go with ease as I fail to step up and show any kind of interest in the other.  In the back of my head I've always thought that whatever will be will be and that especially goes for whoever I'm with.  Marriage is not on my list of "must do's" to be frank.

Thus, I've realized that for me to chase someone, they're going to have to be a heck of a catch.  Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment