Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Another Day, Another Dollar

My feet don't freeze as soon as I whip them out from underneath the covers anymore.  Last night I even did away with the covers.  The season has made a turn yet again, and I'm not sure how I feel about this one.  Summer is one of my most trialing; I always want to leave.
This time to Big Sky Country.  Something a little nearer to home; a little nearer to nature, but so far from my life here. I don't think my person can thrive without a decent getaway.  I'm awakened in a new place.  
Pops and I planned on the open road and maps and mountains and rivers; the speakers playing our soundtrack to handfuls of trail mix, skies full of stars, and people to get to know.  I'm struggling with the  idea of having to stick around all summer and not have the luxery of shrugging all "this" off.  You know, responsibility.  That's such a heavy word and I feel so much of it coming on, so much that I may have to just leave...
E walked into the classroom this morning, took my hand and exclaimed, "Today is a new day."  I couldn't agree more buddy, and maybe that's what I need to tell myself on a regular basis.  It's exactly what I needed to hear at that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment