Thursday, May 26, 2011

"I Know That I Have Stripes, But Know I have Spots Too"



I'm twenty-seven years old. Technically, late twenties. I get paid by the hour and live with my parents.  I own shelves and shelves of books; I can't seem to get myself to stop buying them.  I've lived in a different country, been to ten different ones.  I drink coffee every morning and eat chocolate every day.  I like the way I feel after a workout.  Sometimes I like it when it rains or when it snows, but I like it when the sun is out and pierces through the trees also.  I love my cat even though he makes me itch and I love babies even though they cry.  I like driving around in my Jeep even though I hate traffic, and I like the mornings even though I don't like my alarm clock.
I watch hours of design shows because I have a not-so-secret wish to do it myself.  I have more t-shirts than I have room in my drawer so they don't all ever make it to the drawer.  I don't look people in the eyes and talk to them until I know them.  I go around in circles because I can't make up my mind.  I routinely make lists of things because of how much I enjoy crossing them off.
I'm excited for the future and terrified of the future.  I'm coming into this year with so much to be thankful for and more confidence than I remember having in some time.  I think I feel like...a grown up. Oh dear.  

No comments:

Post a Comment