Thursday, January 31, 2013

Blacktop

I've been the star of blacktop recess. Its like freshman year of hight school all over again. I have a whole group of fans, a cheering section telling me to pop it from behind the 3-point line.  The basket is low and the ball is small so I'm not making that many of them, but when I do they go wild. It's enough for a 5 year old I guess. And even at 28, it feels good.

E is still my favorite. He's leaving me slowly and I'm trying to prepare myself but I know I'll have a good cry.  I don't feel like he's ready which is part of it; the other is just how much joy he brings me. I don't want that to go away....I'm so proud of him though. Yesterday he told me how smart he is and wanted to prove it to me on a math problem. "Ms. Cassi, watch," and he proceeded to illustrate his calculation. He was still wrong but his confidence was enough to make me smile. I remember him just 2 years ago...and I gain some confidence also.

No comments:

Post a Comment