Friday, January 4, 2013

White Winter Hymnal


The snow did finally come. Not enough of it if you ask me, but the day AFTER Christmas was white. The week went by in a blink and I had that desire to crame as much in as I can before the bliss is over. That, of course, is not practical. It only leaves me feeling urgent and overwhelmed rather than accomplished. There is also a subtle joy in lying around doing nothing; that's what the doctor ordered anyway. No, still not running and its driving me mad. There's madness all around with the hustle and bustle, people certainly feeling as though they need to reach things which are beyond their grasp. A new year doesn't always bring a sense of a fresh start or new beginnings. It can also lend to the feeling of failure or of repeat - "Here we go again". The same song.
But there are always things to change. If you stop trying to be better, you shut off the opportunity to improve and growth. I often hear of letting things be or acknowledging the shade of your grass and be thankful that you have grass at all.....something like that. I've learned to keep reaching even if I have to come down for a bit or I don't always get as high as I want to. There's a view or something sweet at every branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment