Sunday, January 27, 2013

Give It Up

Once again I attempted to give up coffee, or at least go on a healthy streak without it. I lasted 3 days and all it accomplished was fumbling around for an extra 10 minutes in the morning looking for things. I nearly washed my face with toothpaste the other day. Then a brand new coffee press arrived and I had to give it a whirl. 
It's Sunday. I'm sitting in bed with my fresh cup while it sleets outside and Under the Tuscan Sun plays on TV.  This film makes my heart race, mostly the first 30-40 minutes when she decides to "screw it" and just go live somewhere away from everything she knows.  Yes, I've done that .... and I have the urge to do it again. I'm getting jealous for that kind of courage. To undertake something possibly bigger than yourself and have to see it through. There are so many things bigger than me that I have a difficult time committing to just one. I'm sure there's still fear there; fear that I won't be able to make it. Fear of failure. But the fear of staying put has often led me through that. So even though there are so many things I want right now, I am also realizing some of the things I need to give up. Giving some things up, or letting them go, often removes barriers and allows movement. And there can be a lot of beauty in that struggle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment